FTTB(fiber to the building/basement) – Optical fiber runs to the building/basement and terminates at the building’s equipment room, which in turn is connected to a residence by a copper “twisted pair” telephone line. FTTB differs from FTTH because it only takes the fibre optic cable to the building (office or flats) itself and uses your existing internal wiring (e.g. copper) to transmit the service; this would be far too costly for an existing copper network owner to replace.
TP2016 MTU (Multi Tenant Unit ONU), --interfaces the fiber network (GEPON), through 16 10/100M Base-T Ethernet ports to the existing short runs of copper wire that pre-exist within buildings reducing costs of installation and maintenance.
It provides an uplink to the central office through its GEPON port to interface fiber optic network. In downstream, TP2016 provide 16 port 10/100M Base-T Ethernet with advanced L2 switching, QoS and Security Features functionality for SOHO/Building internet access, and are configured and managed remotely via the Optical Line terminals (OLT). Multi Tenant Unit elements are also available to manage networking in areas as vast as apartment buildings, business units and campus settings.
A future-proof cost effective solution enabling fiber to the building/basement (FTTB), MDU TP2016 delivers high rate data and IPTV over a single fiber. A compact 1U chassis occupies a little space and consumes little power, saving the investment cost. TP2016 Multi Dwelling Units /Multi Tenant Unit provide just such an opportunity, offering an excellent return on investment for delivery of "triple-play" services—multiple voice lines, high-speed internet, and high-definition (HD) TV/video programming—in a GEPON-based install.
- Quick Specs
- Further Information
- Related Products
- Featured Application
- • Full IEEE 802.3/802.3ah compliance
- • 16 port 10/100 Base-T ethernet port
- • Services supported:VOIP,IP Video and Data
- • Wire-speed Layer 2 switch, in full bidirectional data rate on each port
- • "Plug-and-play" via auto-discovery and configuration
- • Multiple subscriber/Multiple services support from single ONU
- • Hardware efficiency:Multiple services from any Ethernet port
- • IGMP Snooping,Multicast VLAN,Port isolation
- • 8K MAC address table,255 VLAN entries
- • Support 802.1d STP,802.1w RSTP
- • Secure access via Access Control List (ACL) on L2-L7
- • IEEE 802.3x flow control for full-duplex,back pressure for half-duplex
- • Advanced QoS functions enable billing by Service Level Agressment
- • Remote management with faciltates activation and diagnostics,advanced OAM functions
- • Quick installation and turn-up via pre-provisioning of the ONU
- • Flexible installation,long reach operationg range,temerature hardened design
- • Standards compliant
Multi Tenant Unit Fiber Deployment Solution- Fiber To the Building/Basement